[petsc-users] Problem in using TS objects

Yingjie Wu yjwu16 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 20:38:44 CST 2020

Hi Jed,
Thank you very much for your detailed answer. It helps me a lot.
I'm going to use the "chain rule" method to solve my problem first, and may
continue to try different ways later.
For your reply, I have the following questions:
  1. The method of transforming equations into DAE, for my problem, does it
mean taking \ rho as a variable and adding its constitutive equation as a
residual equation?
  f(\rho) = \rho - subroutine_compute_rho(P,E)

  2. I hope to use finite difference to construct Jacobian matrix
first(this means that I may not provide the IJacobian function). Is the
previous switch "-snes_fd" still available for transient   calculation?

  3. For the new merge request you have mentioned, where should I get the
information so as to get its new developments?

Thanks again for your help.
Yingjie

Jed Brown <jed at jedbrown.org> 于2020年1月27日周一 下午9:54写道: