[petsc-users] Null space for the Stokes laplacian operator

Salazar De Troya, Miguel salazardetro1 at llnl.gov
Tue Jan 14 14:52:46 CST 2020

GAMG needs the kernel of the operator to build the coarsening spaces. In elasticity, these are the translation and the rotations. If I were to solve the Stokes problem using the Schur complement approach and I wanted to use GAMG for the Laplacian of the velocity block, should I pass the kernel as well? Is this kernel made of translation and rotation (of the velocity)? I haven’t found anything like this in the literature, hence my question.

Thanks
Miguel

Miguel A. Salazar de Troya
Postdoctoral Researcher, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
B141
Rm: 1085-5
Ph: 1(925) 422-6411