[petsc-users] DMPlex: Mapping cells before and after partitioning

Bisht, Gautam gautam.bisht at pnnl.gov
Thu Jan 9 16:29:37 CST 2020

Hi All,

Here is the situation that I’m running into and am hoping you could provide some guidance. I created a mesh using DMPlexCreateBoxMesh() in which cells are ordered such that cells with increasing x coordinates are first, followed by cells with increasing y-corodinate and so forth. Next, I call DMPlexDistribute() that rearranges the cells after partitioning. How can I map cells after partitioning to cells before partitioning?

Thanks,
-Gautam