[petsc-users] Scraping MPI information from PETSc conf

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 27 21:15:19 CST 2020

Not really useful for autotools - but we print the mpi.h used during
build in make.log

Using mpi.h: # 1 "/home/petsc/soft/mpich-3.3b1/include/mpi.h" 1

I guess the same code [using a petsc makefile] - can be scripted and
parsed to get the PATH to compare in autotools.

However the current version check [below] is likely the best way. Our
prior check was deemed too strict - for ex: when linux distros updated
MPI packages with a bug fixed version [without API change] - our prior
check flagged this as incompatible - so we had to change it.

Satish