[petsc-users] DM_BOUNDARY_GHOSTED

David Scott d.scott at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Tue Feb 18 05:03:07 CST 2020

Hello,

I wish to solve a channel flow problem with different boundary
conditions. In the streamwise direction I may have periodic or
inlet/outlet BCs. I would like to make my code for the two cases as
similar as possible. If I use DM_BOUNDARY_PERIODIC then when performing
a linear solve the ghost values will be set automatically. For the
inlet/outlet case can I use DM_BOUNDARY_GHOSTED instead and somehow
arrange for values that I specify to be placed in the ghost locations?

Thanks,

David