[petsc-users] Error occurred when version change

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Tue Dec 29 21:13:25 CST 2020

  So the really old version fails but a slightly newer but still really old version succeeds? I'm sorry but a lot has changed since that time and we really have no way of remembering what could have changed around that time that might cause this.

  Why can't you use the 3.6.3  version? Whatever code you are using you could upgrade to use the 3.6.3 instead of the 3.4.5 I actually urge you to upgrade to 3.14 our last release, if it is C code it should relatively straightforward; if Fortran code then yes it will be a bit more painful but shouldn't take more than a day. And once that painful day is over all the pain of working with a really old version of PETSc will be gone for good.

  Barry