[petsc-users] Error occurred when version change

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Tue Dec 29 13:12:31 CST 2020

  It looks like both converged in your image, just at different rates? Note the two sides used different number of linear iterations, my guess is some default behavior of the linear solvers changed between those two ancient releases. First make sure both are using identical linear solvers. Then run both with -pc_type lu  do they now have the same SNES convergence?

  Barry