[petsc-users] Output cell data related to DMDA

Denis Davydov davydden at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 11:16:26 CST 2020

Dear all,

I would like to output cell data (eg conductivity coefficient) in VTK for DMDA setup.

Given that I know how many elements/cells are owned locally, I hoped that PetscViewerVTKAddField with PETSC_VTK_CELL_FIELD would do the job.
However I am not sure whether provided vector should be fully distributed (no ghosts)? If not, can I get the required ghosts from DMDA created with DMDACreate3D ?

Ps. I saw just one relevant discussion on the mailing list.

Sincerely,
Denis