[petsc-users] PETSc with MUMPS

Luo Chenyi cheluo at ethz.ch
Wed Dec 9 15:59:24 CST 2020

Hi Satish,

many thanks for this detailed cooking recipe (very practical for a beginner)!

Now I receive the following message

“luochengyi at macbook-pro-2 petsc % make PETSC_DIR=/Users/luochengyi/Downloads/petsc PETSC_ARCH=arch-darwin-c-debug check
Running check examples to verify correct installation
Using PETSC_DIR=/Users/luochengyi/Downloads/petsc and PETSC_ARCH=arch-darwin-c-debug
C/C++ example src/snes/tutorials/ex19 run successfully with 1 MPI process
C/C++ example src/snes/tutorials/ex19 run successfully with 2 MPI processes
C/C++ example src/snes/tutorials/ex19 run successfully with mumps
Fortran example src/snes/tutorials/ex5f run successfully with 1 MPI process
Completed test examples
“

So I think the installation is complete. However, when I run my dealii codes, I still received the same error message
“
Additional information:
    Your PETSc installation does not include a copy of the MUMPS package necessary for this solver. You will need to configure PETSc so that it includes MUMPS, recompile it, and then re-configure and recompile deal.II as well.
“

I think I’ve already configure the PETSc including MUMPS and recompiled it.

I also use cmake to link the necessary libraries. Is there anything else I need to do?

Best,
Chenyi