[petsc-users] read argument from an XML file

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Thu Aug 20 23:59:44 CDT 2020

  Alex,

  If you are ok with plan text you can also put all your "command line arguments" in a text file (using # for comment lines) like

-ksp_rtol 1.e-3
# very tight tolerance for SNES
-snes_rtol 1.e-12

and provide the file to PETSc via

the command line argument :-) -options_file filename

a file with a standard name petscrc in the running directory or

PetscOptionsInsertFile() https://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/Sys/PetscOptionsInsertFile.html <https://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/Sys/PetscOptionsInsertFile.html>

Barry