[petsc-users] On re usability of A matrix and b vector

baikadi pranay pranayreddy865 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 21:05:02 CDT 2020

Hello,

I am trying to solve the poisson equation iteratively using BiCGStab in
FORTRAN 90. After every call to KSPSolve, I update the central coefficients
of A matrix and the b vector (and then solve the new linear equation
system, repeating the process until convergence is achieved). I want to
know whether the A matrix and b vector that are created initially can be
used in the iteration process or do I need to create a new A matrix and b
vector in each iteration.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Pranay.
ᐧ