[petsc-users] Segmentation fault when using KSPSetInitialGuessNonzero

baikadi pranay pranayreddy865 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 20:00:11 CDT 2020

Hi,

I am trying to build a 2D poisson solver using BiCGStab in FORTRAN 90.
After I form the A matrix and create the x and b vectors, I call the
routine KSPSetInitialGuessNonzero, so that I can pass a specific
initialization of the x-vector to the solver. However, when I do this I run
into a Segmentation Violation at this line. I am not sure why I am running
into this problem. I am attaching the screenshot of the error message, and
would appreciate any help you can provide.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Pranay.
ᐧ