[petsc-users] Passing configuration options for external package compilation

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Apr 25 09:59:20 CDT 2020

On Sat, 25 Apr 2020, san.temporal at gmail.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> When using
>
> $ ./configure ... --download-mumps --download-scalapack ...
>
> is there a way to pass configuration options for the compilation of mumps,
> scalapack, etc.?

MUMPS, scalapack don't use configure as part of the build. [or if it exists - petsc does not use this interface to build these packages]. MUMPs is built via Makefile.inc interface.

Other packages do have configure - for ex: MPICH - where you can use:

  --download-mpich-configure-arguments=string
       Additional GNU autoconf configure arguments for the build of MPICH  current: 0

Satish