[petsc-users] MPI error for large number of processes and subcomms

Junchao Zhang junchao.zhang at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 10:53:19 CDT 2020

Randy,
   Someone reported similar problem before. It turned out an Intel MPI
MPI_Allreduce bug.  A workaround is setting the environment variable
I_MPI_ADJUST_ALLREDUCE=1.arr
   But you mentioned mpich also had the error. So maybe the problem is not
the same. So let's try the workaround first. If it doesn't work, add
another petsc option -build_twosided allreduce, which is a workaround for
Intel MPI_Ibarrier bugs we met.
   Thanks.
--Junchao Zhang