[petsc-users] How to set an initial guess for TS

Fande Kong fdkong.jd at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 10:25:14 CDT 2020

Hi All,

TSSetSolution will set an initial condition for the current TSSolve(). What
should I do if I want to set an initial guess for the current solution that
is different from the initial condition?  The initial guess is supposed to
be really close to the current solution, and then will accelerate my solver.

In other words, TSSetSolution will set "U_{n-1}", and now we call TSSolve
to figure out "U_{n}". If I know something about "U_{n}", and I want to set
"\bar{U}_{n}" as the initial guess of "U_{n}" when computing "U_{n}".

Thanks,

Fande,