[petsc-users] [petsc-maint] petsc ksp solver hangs

Michael Wick michael.wick.1980 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 00:28:49 CDT 2019

Thank you all for the reply.

I am trying to get the backtrace. However, the code hangs totally randomly,
and it hangs only when I run large simulations (e.g. 72 CPUs for this one).
I am trying very hard to get the error message.

So far, I can pin-point that the issue is related with hypre, and a static
build of the petsc library. Switching to a dynamic build works fine so far.
Also, using a naked gmres works. Does anyone have similar issues before?