[petsc-users] DMPlexCreateFromDAG in parallel

Asitav Mishra asitav at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 11:55:32 CDT 2019

Hi,

I have a native distributed mesh graph across multiple processors, using
which I would want to create DMPlex mesh using DMPlexCreateFromDAG. I see
in Petsc plex/examples that DMPlexCreateFromDAG creates DM only from master
processor and then the DM is distributed across multiple (one-to-many)
processors. My question is: is it possible to create DAG locally in each
processor and then build the global DM? If yes, are there any such examples?

Best,
Asitav