[petsc-users] Problem with TS and SNES VI

Zhang, Hong hongzhang at anl.gov
Thu Sep 5 16:16:17 CDT 2019

Where does your DAE come from? If the DAE does not come from PDE discretization, there are a few things that you might want to try.

1. Use direct solvers (-pc_type lu, some third-party solvers can also be used by specifying -pc_factor_mat_solver_type xxx);
2. Adjust SNES tolerances;
3. Adjust TS tolerances if you use adaptive time stepping or reduce the stepsize with -ts_dt if fixed stepsize is used.

Hong (Mr.)