[petsc-users] configuring on OSX

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 4 00:44:04 CDT 2019

  Brian,

    Just for kicks could you send arch-macosx-gnu-g/externalpackages/c2html-0.9.4/config.log ?

On my Mac I get

checking for gcc... gcc
checking for executable suffix...
checking for object suffix... o
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for flex... flex
checking for yywrap in -lfl... no
checking for yywrap in -ll... yes
checking lex output file root... lex.yy
checking whether yytext is a pointer... yes
checking for yylex in -lfl... no
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes

while you get

checking for gcc... gcc
checking for executable suffix...
checking for object suffix... o
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for flex... flex
checking for yywrap in -lfl... no
checking for yywrap in -ll... no
checking lex output file root... lex.yy
checking whether yytext is a pointer... no
checking for yylex in -lfl... no
checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp