[petsc-users] calculating eigenvalues for the Stokes equations in 3D

Dave May dave.mayhem23 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 04:04:55 CDT 2019

On Tue, 29 Oct 2019 at 08:59, <av-baron at yandex.ru> wrote:

> Hi, Dave! Thank you for your assistance. The problem is that I don't have
> the matrix representation for my problem.

You will have to explain in more detail if you want further help.
Explain what "I don't have the matrix representation for my problem" means.
If you don't have a matrix representation, how do you solve the forward
problem??

Maybe you mean you use a matrix-free (MF) method. That is still a matrix
representation of your problem, however the MF representation does not
explicitly store the matrix a_{ij} entries in a CSR (or other) format.