[petsc-users] matsetvalueslocal for aijcusparse matrix

Xiangdong epscodes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 18:26:16 CDT 2019

Hello everyone,

When I use matsetvalueslocal to form the matrix in aijcusparse format, I
found that it takes forever to finish the loops of matsetvalueslocal. I am
setting one entry a time, and there are about about 28 Million nonzeros.
(It is fast if the matrix is aij, instead of aijcusparse).

However, if I have the matrix ready in binary format and use matload to get
it into aijcusparse format, it is fast.

Is it the issue of matsetvalueslocal or my wrong way of using
matsetvalueslocal? any suggestions to speed up the process?

Thank you.

Xiangdong