[petsc-users] VecView output to HDF5 in 3.12.0 broken ?

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 15 16:28:06 CDT 2019

   Thanks for figuring this out. We should have done this debugging and figured it out.

   I hunted through the HDF5 docs and includes and though they document the maximum chunk size they do not seem to have any way of getting it using the preprocessor or compiler (that it is not defined by a macro or function).

   This means we need to defined PETSC_HDF5_MAX_CHUNKSIZE 2147483647 inside our hdf5 include file and use this macro whenever we check for chunk size instead of using PETSC_HDF5_INT_MAX

   Are you able to make a MR with this feature for maint or should we?

   Thanks again, and sorry for the side effect that someone unintentionally introduced when they "fixed" the code.

   Barry