[petsc-users] Using petsc with an existing domain decomposition.

Pierre Gubernatis pierre.gubernatis at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 04:24:04 CDT 2019

Hello all,

It souds that the best way to introduce petsc in a code is not to introduce
it, but develop the code over the petsc structure.

It is probably true but my problem is that my existing code already is
equipped with a domain decomposition based on MPI (a typical themal
hydraulic with cartesian staggered mesh)

The user can slice the domain in sub-domains and construct a linear problem
by block: each sub-domain assembles its part of the operator and its part
of the RHS.

I am wondering what is the best way now to introduce petsc (considering
that I don’t want to assemble a global operator on a given proc). Is there
an example that would show how to introduce petsc in this situation ?
Thank you, Pierre