[petsc-users] Block preconditioning for 3d problem

Dave Lee davelee2804 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 02:38:38 CDT 2019

Hey Jed,

Right now they are uncoupled purely for testing purposes. I just want to
get the uncoupled problem right before moving on to the coupled problem.

When I add the vertical dynamics back in both the outer nonlinear
convergence and the inner linear convergence are roughly the same as for
when I solve for the 2D slabs only as a 3D system.

I like your scaling idea. I tried using the pressure multiplied by the mass
matrix as a preconditioner for the inner linear problem, but this didn't
help. Perhaps some sort of scaling is the way to go though.

Cheers, Dave.