[petsc-users] TS_SSP implementation for co-dependent variables

Manuel Valera mvalera-w at sdsu.edu
Wed Oct 9 17:34:47 CDT 2019

Thanks for the answer, I will read the mentioned example, but to clarify
for Barry I will schematize the process:

At time n, the program need to do all of these at once:

   1. Solve T as a function of u,v,w
   2. Solve S as a function of u,v,w
   3. Solve rho density as a function of T,S
   4. Derivate a correction of the velocity fields from the density
   5. Solve u,v,w being corrected by the density field

What I have implemented so far:

   1. Advance TS1 to solve for T
   2. Advance TS2 to solve for S
   3. Solve rho and calculate correction
   4. Advance TS3 to solve for u,v,w

Or, altenatively:

   1. Advance TS to solve for T,S,u,v,w at the same time.
   2. Solve rho and calculate correction

Both implementation are lacking the feedback from the T,S <-> rho <->
Velocities interaction, and is creating problems when using a bigger DT.

All the systems from the first numeration are different algorithms, and
each TS in the 2nd numeration generate a different RHS.

What Jed is suggesting is to create an overarching routine that does all
that is the first list under one single step?

Thanks,