[petsc-users] DMPlexCreateFromDAG for P2 elements

Asitav Mishra asitav at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 08:59:15 CDT 2019

Matt,

Please excuse me for not having stated it clearly. Of course, ultimately
residuals/Jacobians are what I'd need to evaluate using higher-order nodes.
I just meant my first concern is to create a mesh graph structure that can
be appropriately partitioned (and hopefully re-distributed) among multiple
processors without losing the higher order topological information of the
geometry, such as those in curved (higher-order) elements.

Thanks,
Asitav

Asitav Mishra, PhD
Research Engineer II, NIA