[petsc-users] MAT_NEW_NONZERO_LOCATION_ERR

Thibaut Appel t.appel17 at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Oct 8 09:37:42 CDT 2019

Well, try and create a small SEQAIJ/MPIAIJ matrix and preallocate memory
for the diagonal.

When I try to call MatSetValues to fill the diagonal, on the first row I
get

[0]PETSC ERROR: Argument out of range
[0]PETSC ERROR: Inserting a new nonzero at (0,0) in the matrix

Which is within my preallocated non-zero structure.

This is why I'm confused.

Thibaut