[petsc-users] Domain decomposition using DMPLEX

Danyang Su danyang.su at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 11:42:34 CST 2019

On 2019-11-25 7:54 p.m., Matthew Knepley wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 6:25 PM Swarnava Ghosh <swarnava89 at gmail.com
> <mailto:swarnava89 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Dear PETSc users and developers,
>
>     I am working with dmplex to distribute a 3D unstructured mesh made
>     of tetrahedrons in a cuboidal domain. I had a few queries:
>     1) Is there any way of ensuring load balancing based on the number
>     of vertices per MPI process.
>

> You can now call DMPlexRebalanceSharedPoints() to try and get better
> balance of vertices.

Hi Matt,

I just want to follow up if this new function can help to solve the
"Strange Partition in PETSc 3.11" problem I mentioned before. Would you
please let me know when shall I call this function? Right before
DMPlexDistribute?

call DMPlexCreateFromCellList

call DMPlexGetPartitioner

call PetscPartitionerSetFromOptions