[petsc-users] SLEPc GEVP for huge systems

Jose E. Roman jroman at dsic.upv.es
Tue Nov 19 10:25:16 CST 2019

Are you getting an error from MUMPS or from BV? What is the error message you get? What is the size of the matrix? How many eigenvalues do you need to compute?

In principle you can use any KSP+PC, see section 3.4.1 of the users manual. If you have a good preconditioner, then an alternative to Krylov methods is to use Davidson-type methods https://doi.org/10.1145/2543696 - in some cases these can be competitive.

Jose