[petsc-users] Including Implementations in my code

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Thu Nov 14 22:49:35 CST 2019

Ritwik Saha via petsc-users <petsc-users at mcs.anl.gov> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> PETSc provides various implementations of functions like VecAXPY() in CUDA.
> I am talking specifically about VecAXPY_SeqCUDA() in
> src/vec/vec/impls/seq/seqcuda/veccuda2.cu . How to I include these
> functions in my C code?

I'm not sure I follow.  If you want to call those functions, set the
VecType to VECCUDA.  For many examples, this is done via the run-time
option

  -dm_vec_type cuda

(see many examples in the PETSc source tree).  If you're trying to copy
the implementation into your code without using PETSc, you're on your
own.