[petsc-users] --with-64-bit-indices=1

Anthony Paul Haas aph at email.arizona.edu
Mon Nov 4 14:14:43 CST 2019

Hello,

I ran into an issue while using Mumps from Petsc. I got the following error
(see below please). Somebody suggested that I compile Petsc with
--with-64-bit-indices=1. Will that suffice? Also I compiled my own version
of Petsc on Cray Onyx (HPCMP) but although I compiled
--with-debugging=0,  Petsc
was very very slow (compared to the version of Petsc available from the
Cray admins). Do you have a list of flags that I should compile Petsc with
for Cray supercomputers?

Thanks,

Anthony

INFOG(1)=-51. I saw in the mumps manual that:

An external ordering (Metis/ParMetis, SCOTCH/PT-SCOTCH, PORD), with 32-bit
default

integers, is invoked to processing a graph of size larger than 2^31-1.
INFO(2) holds the size

required to store the graph as a number of integer values;