[petsc-users] Memory growth issue

Sanjay Govindjee s_g at berkeley.edu
Thu May 30 02:58:59 CDT 2019

The problem seems to persist but with a different signature.  Graphs
attached as before.

Totals with MPICH (NB: single run)

For the CG/Jacobi          data_exchange_total = 41,385,984; kspsolve_total = 38,289,408
For the GMRES/BJACOBI      data_exchange_total = 41,324,544; kspsolve_total = 41,324,544

Just reading the MPI docs I am wondering if I need some sort of
MPI_Wait/MPI_Waitall before my MPI_Barrier in the data exchange routine?
I would have thought that with the blocking receives and the MPI_Barrier
that everything will have fully completed and cleaned up before
all processes exited the routine, but perhaps I am wrong on that.

-sanjay