[petsc-users] Nonzero I-j locations

Manav Bhatia bhatiamanav at gmail.com
Wed May 29 21:11:02 CDT 2019

Barry,

  Thanks for the detailed message.

   I checked libMesh’s continuation sovler and it appears to be using the same system solver without creating a larger matrix: https://github.com/libMesh/libmesh/blob/master/src/systems/continuation_system.C <https://github.com/libMesh/libmesh/blob/master/src/systems/continuation_system.C>

   I need to implement this in my code, MAST, for various reasons (mainly, it fits inside a bigger workflow). The current implementation implementation follows the Schur factorization approach: https://mastmultiphysics.github.io/class_m_a_s_t_1_1_continuation_solver_base.html#details <https://mastmultiphysics.github.io/class_m_a_s_t_1_1_continuation_solver_base.html#details>

   I will look into some solutions pertaining to the use of MatGetLocalSubMatrix or leverage some existing functionality in libMesh.

Thanks,
Manav