[petsc-users] DMNetwork in petsc4py

Justin Chang jychang48 at gmail.com
Mon May 20 13:48:11 CDT 2019

Hi all,

Is there any current effort or plan to make the DMNetwork calls available
in petsc4py? I don't see anything DMNetwork related in the master branch.
Because we (NREL) have lots of existing network-like applications written
in Python and Julia, none of which use PETSc, and instead use unscalable
direct methods, so I think instead of rewriting everything into a C-based
PETSc code it would be much more feasible to integrate their application
code into petsc4py with DMNetwork.

If not I was planning on writing these wrappers myself but wasn't sure if
someone here is already doing it.

Thanks,
Justin