[petsc-users] Bad memory scaling with PETSc 3.10

Fande Kong fdkong.jd at gmail.com
Fri May 3 23:20:32 CDT 2019

Hi Myriam,

I run the example you attached earlier with "-mx 48 -my 48 -mz 48 -levels 3
-ksp_view  -matptap_via allatonce -log_view ".

There are six PtAPs. Two of them are sill using the nonscalable version of
the algorithm (this might explain why the memory still exponentially
increases) even though we have asked PETSc to use the ``allatonce"
algorithm. This is happening because MATMAIJ does not honor the petsc
option, instead, it uses the default setting of MPIAIJ.  I have a fix at
https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/pull-requests/1623/choose-algorithms-in/diff.
The PR should fix the issue.

Thanks again for your report,

Fande,