[petsc-users] Quick question about ISCreateGeneral

Sajid Ali sajidsyed2021 at u.northwestern.edu
Wed May 1 12:02:02 CDT 2019

Hi Barry,

I've written a simple program that does a scatter and reverses the order of
data between two vectors with locally generate index sets and it works.
While I'd have expected that I would need to concatenate the index sets
before calling vecscatter, the program works without doing so (hopefully
making it more efficient). Does calling vecscatter on each rank with the
local index set take care of the necessary communication behind the scenes
then?

Thank You,
Sajid Ali
Applied Physics