[petsc-users] About Configuring PETSc

Balay, Satish balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 21 21:14:19 CDT 2019

PETSc uses the concept of PETSC_ARCH to enable multiple in-place
builds.

So you can have a debug build with PETSC_ARCH=arch-debug, and a
optimized build with PETSC_ARCH=arch-opt etc.

And if you are using a petsc formatted makefile with your code - you
can switch between these builds by just switching PETSC_ARCH.

Satish