[petsc-users] Saving Vecs/Mats in HDF5 and visualizing in Matlab

Yuyun Yang yyang85 at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 19 14:04:45 CDT 2019

It's simply for visualization purposes. I wasn't sure if HDF5 would perform better than binary, and what specific functions are needed to load the PETSc vectors/matrices, so wanted to ask for some advice here. Since Matt mentioned it's not likely to be much faster than binary, I guess there is no need to make the change?

So running h5read will load the vector from the hdf5 file directly to a Matlab vector? And similarly so for matrices?

Thanks,
Yuyun