[petsc-users] Local sizes when creating PETSC MatIS

José Lorenzo joslorgom at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 04:09:46 CDT 2019

I am working with Nedelec Finite Elements and using ghost vectors to store
the ghost values of the solution in the edges that do not belong to current
processor.

Since I have a large contrast in material properties I would like to try
the PCBDDC preconditioner in PETSC. Apparently, my matrix needs to be of
type MatIS, but I don't get to understand how MatCreateIS would work in my
particular case, although I did have a look at mat/ex3.c and ksp/ex59.c

I set the local size m to the number of edges in current processor, but I
do not know whether I should include the number of ghost edges. And for the
local size n should I use the total number of DOFs or proceed as with m?

Thanks,

Jose