[petsc-users] Is it possible to update SNES tolerances?

David Knezevic david.knezevic at akselos.com
Mon Jun 10 13:18:42 CDT 2019

I'm doing load stepping with SNES, where I do a SNES solve for each load
step. Ideally the convergence tolerances for each load step would be set
based on the norm of the load in the current step. As a result I would like
to be able to update the absolute and relative tolerances on a SNES.

I tried to call SNESSetTolerances at the beginning of each load step, but
it seems (based on the -snes_view output) that the tolerances do not get
updated. Is there a way to update the tolerances?

Thank you,
David