[petsc-users] MINRES accuracy for a SPD matrix

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jul 31 04:11:43 CDT 2019

  You could run with -ksp_view_mat binary:afilename -ksp_view_rhs binary:afilename and email the file afilename to petsc-maint at mcs.anl.gov with the options you've used for a particularly clear case and we can take a look at it. Conventional wisdom is for SPD matrices CG is slightly better than MINRES but that is only conventional wisdom.

  Barry