[petsc-users] Low floating precision numerical solver?

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 23 15:01:29 CDT 2019

  Manuel,

    We don't have support for this yet for GPUs, it is on our list but not a priority, just utilizing GPUs well is our first priority.

    Barry

    Note what the people who give these types of presentations forget to emphasis enough is that though this techniques for some algorithms can give good benefits on GPUs utilizing lower precision on CPUs doesn't generally benefit you much.