[petsc-users] Altering Vertex Coordinates of an Unstructured Mesh

Daniel Mckinnell d_mckinnell at aol.co.uk
Tue Jul 2 03:24:42 CDT 2019

Hello,I am a student currently doing a summer project so am fairly new to
Petsc. I am trying to alter vertex coordinates of an unstructured mesh to look at mesh movement in DMPlex
after they have been created by DMPlexCreateBoxMesh. I have been altering the first example on the
DMPlex documentation here:
https://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/src/dm/impls/plex/examples/tutorials/ex1.c.html
I have written something that vaguely does what I want in parallel, but it has a problem as the output from DMPlexGetPointLocal
seems to be very inconsistent. Below is my code, I was wondering if anyone had a better way of doing this? I believeI have a bug but I am not sure where to start. Any help and advice/comments very welcome.
Thanks,
Daniel