[petsc-users] petsc4py for numpy array <-> MATDENSE binary

Sajid Ali sajidsyed2021 at u.northwestern.edu
Thu Jan 31 19:07:49 CST 2019

Hi,

I have a large (~25k x 25k x 50) 3D array that I want to store as binary
PETSc readable matrix using the MATDENSE format. I've currently achieved
this (for smaller arrays) by writing the matrix out to an ASCII file and
converting this ASCII file to binary, one number at a time using a C
script.

Does petsc4py support converting a 3d numpy array (complex valued) to
MATDENSE (MPI) binary format directly ?

I saw some discussion on this topic back in 2012 on the mailing list but
it's not clear to me what happened after that.

Thank You,
Sajid Ali
Applied Physics
Northwestern University