[petsc-users] PETSC matrix assembling super slow

Yaxiong Chen chen2018 at purdue.edu
Tue Jan 29 17:20:52 CST 2019

Hi Song,

I don't quite understand how I can use this command. I don't partition the gloabl matrix. If I add my elemental matrix to the global system it will be like this. And in my parallel part, I use each core to generate the elemental matrix in turn. In this case, I guess each core will be assigned the space for global matrix and finally be assembled.But according to the manual, it seems each core will store a part of the global matrix. Is the local submatrix in the MatMPIAIJSetPreallocation<https://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/Mat/MatMPIAIJSetPreallocation.html#MatMPIAIJSetPreallocation>(Mat<https://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/Mat/Mat.html#Mat> B,PetscInt<https://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/Sys/PetscInt.html#PetscInt> d_nz,const PetscInt<https://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/Sys/PetscInt.html#PetscInt> d_nnz[],PetscInt<https://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/Sys/PetscInt.html#PetscInt> o_nz,const PetscInt<https://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/Sys/PetscInt.html#PetscInt> o_nnz[])the same as my elemental matrix?

[cid:ac5af973-49cd-4207-8f47-a94751d7f444]

Thanks

Yaxiong Chen,
Ph.D. Student

School of Mechanical Engineering, 3171