[petsc-users] [tao] General L1,L2 optimization

David hsuh7 at gatech.edu
Thu Jan 24 14:57:44 CST 2019

Hi. I was wondering whether there was some kind of general consensus about

the currently-best-implemented L1, L2 norm regularization for petsc/tao
that has been implemented.

Naively, I would shoot for Levenberg-Marquardt for some kind of random
matrix, or even generic

finite-difference stencil problem. (but it seems like LM is yet to be
implemented, but only on petsc manual pdf?)

Or perhaps, of the implemented ones, LMVM seems to work well, at least
on my local machine.

In any due case, I would highly appreciate the input and opinion about
these matters.

Thanks.

Hansol Suh,

PhD Student