[petsc-users] SLEPc: Setting options for mass matrix KSP in generalised eigenvalue problem

Jose E. Roman jroman at dsic.upv.es
Wed Jan 16 03:55:08 CST 2019

This case is treated in the same way as the (shift-and-invert) spectral transformation. There are nested objects EPS > ST > KSP > PC. By default ST=SHIFT, which is what you need. So you just have to get access to the KSP/PC objects to set options.

Basically you can use ex9.py in slepc4py but use F.setType(F.Type.SHIFT) instead of F.setType(F.Type.PRECOND).

Jose