[petsc-users] Using real and complex matrices together

Evan Um evanum at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 11:07:54 CST 2019

Hi PETSC users,

Inside my codes, I have both complex and real matrices. To solve complex
matrices, I build and use complex version of PETSC. In this case, is there
any way to use real matrices too? Do you have such a PETSC code example?
Until now, I have used complex matrices to represent real matrices by
setting imaginary components of the real matrices to zero. Real value
vectors are also realized by setting imaginary components to zero.

In advance, thanks for your comments.

Evan