[petsc-users] Question about correctly catching fp_trap

Sajid Ali sajidsyed2021 at u.northwestern.edu
Mon Jan 7 09:05:57 CST 2019

 >   Anyway the FPE occurs in MatSolve_SeqAIJ_NaturalOrdering which usually
indicates a zero on the diagonal of the matrix. Is that possible?
It looks like this is indeed the case here. Thanks for the hint.

@Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> : I tried building with the patch and
don't see any difference. Do you want me to send you the config and build
logs to investigate further? Apart from the -g flag, as I've stated above
another bug is that petsc uses the system gdb (rhel-7) and not the gdb
associated with the gcc that was used to build petsc.