[petsc-users] Ksp Initial residual norm

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Feb 3 13:03:24 CST 2019

   If you use the default KSP convergence tests (which almost everyone does) the initial residual norm is stored in ksp->rnorm0. Thus to access it you need to include the private header file that defines the KSP object kspimpl.h so something like

#include <petsc/private/kspimpl.h>

   PetscErrorCode KSPGetInitialResidualNorm(KSP ksp,PetscReal *norm0)
  {
   *norm0 = ksp->rnorm0;
   return 0;
  }